Now is peak season for selling Columbus GA homes. Buyers are out shopping, so you want your home to impress them. If you’re ready to put your home on the market, check out these tips for preparing it to sell.
- Start by decluttering. If you haven’t “Tidied Up” with Marie Kondo, now is the time to do it. Pare down your possessions to the things you really use and love. Stash some things in a rented storage unit if necessary, since keeping fewer items in your home’s closets and cupboards will make them look more spacious. Don’t forget to clear off refrigerator magnets and remove any décor or art that are overly personal or not mainstream.
- Clean clean, clean! Go over every surface including windows, baseboards and furniture. Put extra effort into making sure appliances, kitchen surfaces and bathrooms are sparkling.
- Touch up paint or repaint the interior in neutral colors. Your teenager’s purple and orange bedroom could turn off potential buyers who want a move-in-ready home.
- Fix anything that’s broken. That closet door that won’t quite close, the faucet that drips or the slow drain will hurt your chances of getting the best price for your house.
- Make it smell good. Air out the house, have carpets and upholstery cleaned, and use subtly scented air fresheners. If you have a basement, run a dehumidifier to reduce musty odors.
- Amp up the curb appeal. Clean up any outdoor clutter, pull weeds in flower beds, cut off dead branches, edge gardens and walks and pop in a few bright flowers. Touch up paint on the house if necessary, paying special attention to the front entry area.
- Stage your home with appropriate furniture in each room. Show buyers that your home functions well and looks great.
- Keep it clean. If you’re going to live in your house while it’s on the market, tidy up every morning to prepare for impromptu showings. Keep pet areas clean and fresh-smelling.
With your existing home on the market, it’s time to call Grayhawk Homes to find your new dream house. Call us today at 706-568-3779 to tour our communities of brand new Columbus GA homes.Tags: homes for sale columbus ga, new homes columbus ga
This post was written by Grayhawk Homes