While home maintenance isn’t high on the list of things people enjoy doing, it still must be done. Inside and outside, there are certain tasks that need to be done daily, weekly, and monthly. Fortunately, there are certain chores that really only need to be done once a year, particularly if you try to stay on top of any stains, spills and other issues as they arise. If you’re ready to get down and dirty and make sure your new homes in Upatoi GA stay clean, efficient and healthy, here are seven chores to take care of once a year.
- Gutters. We’re coming up on the perfect time of year to make sure your gutters are clean and free of any clogs. Wait until the majority of leaves have fallen so you don’t have to repeat the process. You can do it on your own with a sturdy ladder and a head for heights or you can hire a company. If you have pine trees that shed throughout the year, you may need to do this more regularly.
- Fireplace/Chimney. With a brand new home, your fireplace should be ready to go this season. However, at the end of the season, be sure to clean out all the ashes, ideally with a shopvac, and then wipe down the interior and tools with a distilled vinegar and water solution to help remove any smoke odors. Be sure to close the damper and you may also want to hire a chimney sweep to remove excess soot or any obstructions.
- Outdoor Furniture. In Georgia, you’ve got a bit more time to use your outdoor furniture, but as you prepare to store it, make sure there aren’t any major stains or dirt on cushions and the furniture. You can save the serious wipe down for spring when you pull the furniture back out. That will remove any dust that has developed during storage.
- Carpets. Now that you’re going to be spending more time indoors, it’s a good time to go ahead and give your carpets and upholstered furnishings a deep clean. Whether you do it yourself with a hired vacuum or hire a company, this will help remove any dirt, dander, pollen, and dust that has accumulated, leaving your rooms cleaner and less likely to cause allergy issues.
- Curtains. While you’re at it, go ahead and clean your curtains according to the manufacturer’s directions. In some cases, all you need to do is put them in the dryer on the air-only cycle. In other cases, they may need to be dry cleaned. The key is to remove the dust, pollen, and dander that accumulates throughout the year.
- Kitchen Cabinets and Drawers. Before the holiday cooking season is upon is, consider emptying out your kitchen cabinets, drawers, and even the pantry and getting rid of anything that has expired, clean up any spills and crumbs, and arrange items in a useful, accessible way. It’s also a good way to see if you’re out of some of those ingredients you only use during the holidays.
- Linen Closet and Bath Cupboards. As with the kitchen, it helps to go through your linen closet and bathroom cupboards once a year. Once again, clean up any spills, get rid of items you don’t use or are past their expiration date, and give your sheets and towels a good look. If they’re looking frayed, recycle them into cleaning rags, or just simply get rid of them. You’ll free up space or at least have room for fresh, new sheets and towels. Consider doing this chore when stores are having their white sales.
Ideally, make a chart of these yearly chores and the time of year when it’s best to do them. Schedule it in your online calendar or make a physical chart and hang it somewhere you’ll see it often enough and the tasks won’t seem so challenging. With regular maintenance, your new homes in Upatoi GA will be clean, organized, and likely to look their best for much longer.Tags: homes for sale in upatoi ga, new homes in upatoi ga
Categorised in: home upkeep upatoi ga, once a year home chores
This post was written by Grayhawk Homes